Monday 9 January 2012

first week over!

 Hi all!
 I hope 2012 is treating you well so far, I have had a very good but busy week!
 On the 'being good' front, I managed to turn down dessert every day at work and stick to just 3 square meals, and sometimes a very small meal when I got home (bearing in mind I was eating breakfast at 6.30am, lunch at midday, tiny rubbish teas at 4pm, I'm usually hungry when I get home at 8.30pm so half a tin of soup does the trick). I also had a salad for tea once or twice at work and really enjoyed it, I was very shocked, and I was so full I had to leave some! I've managed with next to no snacking too and lots of water, and no pizza for 10 days!
 I've been speaking to my Dad and he's going to experiment with healthier versions of my favourite stuff, and I've also had some contact with a guy I know of who runs a bootcamp locally and as I don't have the time or money for his bootcamp he has e-mailed me a food and exercise plan which looks great, I'll be incorporating that into my efforts when I print it off and see how that works, I'll keep you updated :)
 Sadly I've not had time to exercise this last week due to doing 5 12 hour shifts, but I am starting a new class tomorrow called Aquajog at my local swimming pool, and I'm honestly terrified but I can't wait, it seems to really work you, I'll let you know how it goes! Despite not having had any time to exercise and not sticking to a strict diet as such this last week, I couldn't resist a cheeky measure of my waist when my Mam left her tape measure out...and...I've lost half an inch,  woohoo!

 Naturally I am quite chuffed at this progress, but there are some other things that have made me happy this week:

  •  My lovely boyfriend has been working super hard this week, he works full time and is also studying for an A-Level in English Literature and he starts his exams this week, so I've barely seen him and missed him lots :( I finished work early on Saturday though so I went over to see him when I was done and although we didn't go out or anything it was nice to catch up with each other and have a cuddle on the couch with a film :) it's our 4 year aniversary on Friday and I'm really looking forward to it, we're going to have a night out then go road tripping on Saturday :)
  •  I have a couple of guinea pigs and one of them has been very poorly, I sadly don't know what the outcome is going to be but he's been giving me some lovely cuddles lately, he's so cute <3
  • I have REALLY enjoyed work this week, it's strange doing day shifts as I was on night shifts for so long, but I've been getting right back into it and I love it.
  • It was my Grandma's birthday on Saturday so we had a little gathering at hers yesterday, nothing special but it was nice to see people and it gave me a good excuse to try out some new hair and make up products I bought a few weeks ago. I got the Lee Stafford Big Fat Healthy Hair Shampoo and Conditioner, which is brilliant to use if you're going to blowy dry your hair. I also used the Matt Fat Texturising Powder, and Umberto Gianini Backcomb in a Bottle, which were both quite difficult to use at first but it turns out perseverance is key here! I used 17 Wild Nude Cream Eyeshadow, and Rimmel Colour Mousse in 012 Mocha and was quite pleased with the results (primer is a must here!):

how huge does my arm look! I couldn't be bothered to straighten my hair after I dried it so I just stuck some Lee Stafford Matt Fat Hair Mustard on and worked with it, it's by far the most value for money hair product I have, I've had it for over a year and it's not even half gone, it's brilliant! I'm going to invest in some more of the Big Fat Healthy Hair Range tomorrow, it looks amazing!

  •  I had a lovely lie in today and chilled out a bit. I did my nails with the Nailene Ultra Quick Brush on Gel Kit, I didn't use the tips as my nails are quite long lately, so I just applied the gel and applied Avon Nailwear Pro nail polish in Sequined Turquoise, I was quite happy with how they turned out:

 The picture isn't great, I'm still getting used to my new camera, which is coincidentally the same colour as my nails!

 I'm off to Nando's tomorrow with a good friend of mine who I haven't seen in far too long, and she's never been to Nando's before :O should be fun! I also got a code to get a free Graze box, which I'm expecting to be delivered on Wednesday, and my Glossybox should be here in the next few days too, lots to look forward to, so lots to look forward to next time, hopefully another half inch off my waist will be one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment